Low income housing building owners can currently garner very attractive CSI-T rebates
Solar Thermal Environmental Benefits
Solar thermal is one of the best ways to lower a building’s carbon footprint and help protect the environment. For many businesses, water heating can account for over 50% of greenhouse gas emissions. For businesses required to meet sustainability benchmarks (i.e., California Title 24 requirements), solar hot water systems are an ideal solution.
Here are a few reasons why solar hot water systems make good environmental sense:
- On-site energy generation: Reduce the need to extract and transport fossil fuels.
- Increased boiler and water heater efficiency and life expectancy
- Local products: In California, locally manufactured solar thermal collectors are easy to obtain.
- Reduced greenhouse gas emissions:
- A 50-collector solar hot water system can offset over 50 tons of CO2 per year, or 5,000 tons over the life of the system.
- A 100-collector pool-heating system can offset over 80 tons of CO2 per year
Rather than burning fossil fuels such as natural gas or fuel oil to heat water, consider tapping into the free, limitless energy of the sun to heat water for your commercial building. A solar hot water system is a zero-emissions, zero-waste solution to the problem of environmentally destructive water-heating methods. Contact SunWater Solar today to learn more about how a solar hot water system can reduce your water-heating bills while helping you go green.
Making hot water from the sun...
SunWater Solar is a design/build company based in the San Francisco Bay Area, specializing in solar water heating systems. The company provides these systems for many types of commercial projects. More»
Watch Our Video
Issue of SolarPro magazine, featuring Justin Weil on cover and SunWater Solar article on solar storage
SunWater Solar was pleased to be part of the recent Solarbration event at Terra Linda High School in San Rafael CA..
SunWater and UC Berkeley are working together to test this Toyota fuel cell vehicle
This video showcases solar thermal systems SunWater has recently installed